Monday, April 16, 2012

First Big Project!

Well, so much for good intentions. I had planned to document the move and transition to Michigan, but shortly after we moved my mom's health took a turn for the worse and we found ourselves immersed in caring for her during her last days. It's been tough, to say the least, but we're finding our way back to routines and diving into house projects. So many ideas, but we have to pace ourselves.

So here's a look at our first big project. I say "our" but those that know us, will know that this was all Marc! Honestly, I was skeptical at first, really did we need a third room to watch TV together as a family? But Marc insisted that we needed to do this and, of course, he had a plan. Besides, this was going to be the room specifically to watch movies, so that made it different in his mind. I was thinking we already had a 60 inch TV in the basement that was perfectly suited to watching movies. So while I was off visiting friends in Illinois, he was busy working on the media room.

I have to say it turned out fantastic. I should have never doubted it for a minute. He built a nice cabinet in the back to hold the DVD player, surround sound system and projector. Eventually we plan to hook up the cable box as well. For the screen, he painted the wall white, framed it and built a shelf to hold DVDs. We had our first movie night last night and there's not a bad seat in the room. I think we'll need to do something with the plaid couches, but for now it will do.

Here's a picture with the lights out. I think we'll need to do a Harry Potter marathon soon! Marc also hooked up the Wii in this room so we can get our Glee on or race Mario on the big screen. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yesss! It's official...Jen's back in the blogosphere! Thanks for indulging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be great for the New Years countdown :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Carol, you finally broke me. There should be more coming. I sense an entry to vent about my kitchen design experience! Susan - It will definitely be a room to party in. :)

    ReplyDelete